Reaseheath College is one of the leading specialist land-based Colleges in the UK. Based in Cheshire the College has an enviable setting amongst 330 hectares of farms, parklands, lake, woodland and sports facilities, you can’t help feeling at home at Reaseheath.
In recent years unprecedented demand for Reaseheath courses have followed outstanding years which have included:-
- In July 2013 Ofsted Care Standards Inspectors judged the college to be outstanding in all areas.
- Investment of over £50 million into specialist resources and facilities to ensure the best education and training possible
- Celebrating our greatest honour in a series of national accolades when Her Majesty the Queen officially opened two world class buildings
- Ofsted inspectors awarding the college to be ‘Good with Outstanding features‘, under a rigorous common inspection framework, highlighting how we continually improve teaching standards
- Exceeding standards in all areas inspected under the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Higher Education Review – the equivalent of an HE Ofsted Inspection
- Continuing to grow our reputation both nationally and internationally – we have approximately 7,500 students from over 110 local authorities and other countries studying with us
- Expanding the number of higher education courses we offer
- Expanding our work in support of rural businesses and communities
Reaseheath’s success and growth is being supported by an ambitious £50 million plus capital investment programme across college ensuring that students and staff enjoy world class specialist technical and educational facilities.
Numerous new buildings have been opened since 2009, including:
- A learning resource centre
- State-of-the-art IT centre
- A cutting edge £4 million animal management teaching centre
- Purpose built construction trades workshop
- New halls of residence, latest completed in 2013
- Refurbished Engineering facilities
- £2.3 million upgrade of equine facilities, including an world class indoor riding arena and round pen for natural horsemanship
- £7 million food innovation centre
- Our Centre Point student facility; housing student services, student welfare, learning support and college library
- A £3 million investment into our commercial working college farm
- The purchase by Reaseheath of the famous ‘MOET’ herd of high genetics Holsteins; with the new herd prefix to be known as ‘Reaseheath Moet’
- New dining facilities and updates to some of our student recreational areas
- Elsewhere on the campus new facilities for the adventure sports, countryside, horticulture and sports turf departments are also to be built.
Our international reputation for quality training within the food and drink manufacture sector, is signified as Reaseheath’s food technology department is the Network Champion for Dairy within the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink. This prestigious accolade recognises the department as leader and co-ordinator of the academy’s specialised dairy training nationwide.
Apart from a busy academic life, Reaseheath students enjoy an action packed social scene including discos, social evenings and a wide range of sports. Staff and students have a well deserved reputation for their generosity and since 1987 we have raised over £182,000.
Each year we celebrate our further education students successes at our ‘Presentation of Awards’ event, where over 1,000 students progress from their courses.
We also celebrate the successes of our degree students at our graduation ceremony, which is held each year in the heart of Nantwich.
Welcome to Reaseheath
As Principal, I welcome you to our College website and thank you for your interest in Reaseheath College.
It is only by meeting Reaseheath staff and seeing our excellent facilities and resources first hand that you will be able to fully appreciate the benefits of the Reaseheath Experience. Few other colleges offer such wonderful surroundings and such caring, supportive and dedicated staff that will enable you to achieve your full potential.
We are very proud of our strong links with industry, that coupled with our specialist facilities and staff, will help you to develop the skills and knowledge that will provide you with the best possible start to your chosen career. Many of our former students tell us that their time at Reaseheath was not only enjoyable, but changed their lives!
I look forward to welcoming you to our college soon
Meredydd David OBE