Reaseheath’s Higher Education standards continue to excel
Reaseheath College’s higher education students receive an excellent experience, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) for Higher Education has confirmed.
The QAA, the HE equivalent of Ofsted, has judged in its Higher Education Review of Reaseheath College that the quality of degree courses offered and the way they are delivered is worthy of commendation, and, in a number of areas exceeds UK expectations.
The review team was impressed with the college’s extensive links to employers and the extent to which they were involved in the design, quality assurance and delivery of higher education courses.
The reviewers also found that the college effectively manages its resources, using a co-ordinated and systematic approach to support its students’ academic, personal and professional development so that they reach their full potential.
They noted that all Higher Education programmes include work-based learning, work placements, internships or other opportunities for students to gain relevant work experience.
Following the QAA Higher Education Review the College has formulated a strategic action plan which is available here.
QAA Judgements about Reaseheath’s Higher Education Provision
The QAA review team formed the following judgements about the higher education provision at Reaseheath College.
- The maintenance of the threshold academic standards of awards meets UK expectations
- The quality of student learning opportunities is commended
- The quality of the information produced about its provision meets UK expectations
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities is commended
Examples of good practice included:
- the management and use of long-term relationships with external stakeholders such as employers to enhance the student experience
- the systematic approach used by Reaseheath to provide work-based learning opportunities of quality and relevance to students
- the full involvement of student course representatives in extensive formal and informal exchanges of communication
- the strategic recruitment and development of higher education staff to become advanced practitioners, enabling them to become leaders in teaching and learning
- the alignment of the higher education portfolio with Reaseheath’s Mission and Values: to ensure high levels of industrial engagement and to promote employability and the incorporation of work experience in all its programmes
- the consolidation of the higher education ethos through investment in leadership, organisational structures and estate
- the integrated and coordinated activity of curriculum areas and student support services to provide comprehensive support for the student learning experience
QAA checks how UK universities, colleges and other providers maintain the standard of their higher education provision. Click here to read this institution’s latest review report.