Action on Pollinators: Boost your Bees Farm Walk
Thursday 14th July 2016, 10.30am-2pm FREE event with lunch provided by the Campaign for the Farmed Environment.
Farm walk led by advisors from the Campaign for the Farmed Environment (CFE) and supported by the Farming Advice Service and Cheshire Wildlife Trust’s farm manager and senior ecologists.
- Opportunity to learn about the National Pollinator Strategy, the UK Government’s plan to ensure pollinators thrive and continue to provide essential pollination services and benefits for crop production and the wider environment.
- Management to enhance species richness of Cheshire grasslands to provide pollinator habitat.
- Hedgerow management and hedgerow grant opportunities to boost field boundary foraging and nesting pollinator habitat.
- Adding value to Greening / Ecological Focus Areas on fallow and unproductive land, and opportunities lie under the new Countryside Stewardship Scheme for pollinator options.
- Margin and flower rich mixes—how to establish, manage and get the most out of small and unproductive areas for pollinator benefits.
Venue: Bickley Hall Farm, Bickley Lane, Malpas, Cheshire. SY14 8EF, kindly hosted by Cheshire Wildlife Trust
FREE event but booking required.
Please book online at CFEevents or call the CFE National Event booking line on 02476 858 897.
To speak to your regional CFE adviser specifically about the event, call your regional CFE Office on 01270 613195 or e-mail: email@example.com
Big Garden Bee Count – Sunday, July 17th
The Cheshire Wildlife Trust have teamed up with RECORD, the local Biological Records Centre, which is producing a bumblebee distribution atlas for Cheshire, and wants you to record your sightings. Find out how you can ‘bee’ a part of something that counts here.