There is a perception that these machines are “fun toys” and are easy to drive, in reality you require a high level of skill to drive and handle an ATV safely and competently in differing off road situations.
2 days followed by an assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved.
Candidates must provide their own PPE.
Skills and Knowledge
- Legal requirements
- Safe Driving techniques
- Function of controls
- Daily maintenance routines
- Pre-start checks
- Driving an ATV with a trailer
- Driving around a specified course
- and on slopes
- Safe parking
- Potential dangers of driving on
- rough terrain and slopes
- Cleaning and checking of the ATV