This qualification requires the operator to demonstrate, in a professional manner the relevant competence and skill to successfully prepare, operate and maintain a mobile elevated work platform (MEWP). Vehicles must comply with Department of Transport Road Traffic Acts where relevant.
The training and assessment is divided into three compulsory units:
1: Prepare the platform for operation
2: Operate the platform
3: Prepare the platform for transport
1-2 Days followed by assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved. Candidates must provide their own PPE.
Certificate of Endorsement
The certificate of competence will be endorsed according to the category of MEWP in which the assessment was undertaken.
Endorsement will be either/or
- Scissor lift
- Self propelled boom
- Vehicle mounted 25m
- Trailer/push around
- Insulated aerial device
- Vehicle mounted over 26m
- Vehicle personnel platform
- Mast climbing
Skills & Knowledge Assessed
- Legal and safety requirements
- Completion of appropriate records
- Pre-start checks
- Statutory guard requirements
- Fuel storage & transportation
- Safe lifting & handling
- Check output against specification
- Machine adjustments
- Cleaning & storage
- Identification of hazards/erect appropriate warning signs
- Simple task operation from platform
- Current legislation relating to movement of a machine on a public highway