This qualification is aimed at anyone who carries out lifting and handling operations in the workplace. The qualification identifies the correct way to lift and manoeuvre objects to put the minimum strain on the operator. Identification of hazards and load assessment are also covered.
1 day training followed by assessment at a later date.
You must be aged 16 years or over and be physically fit and able to complete the tasks involved. Candidates must provide their own overalls and steel toe capped boots.
Skills & Knowledge Assessed
- Manual Handling regulations
- Employer and Employee responsibilities
- The principles and benefits of safe lifting
- Use and selection of PPE
- Identification of Hazards
- Lifting different types of load
- Pushing and pulling a load
- Moving a load with another person
- Injuries that may occur as a result of poor lifting techniques
- Knowledge of dangerous occurrences and how to deal with them