The Reaseheath Agricultural Development Academy (RADA) aims to improve the profitability and resource use efficiency of farming and food production by delivering high quality knowledge transfer that is focussed on the needs of farmers and growers.
We strive to achieve this by:
Providing high quality training and KT to farmers, farm workers, agricultural companies and rural businesses that up-skill in business and technical management. Group workshops and one-to-one support training are provided in the following areas:
- Business management, Succession planning, Team leadership and coaching
- Animal health and welfare
- Nutrient planning and NVZ compliance, Cross compliance, habitat and soil management, environmental stewardship
- AD (anaerobic digestion) planning and operation
Demonstrating best practice in nutrient management, resource use efficiency and animal health and welfare through:
- The Livestock Northwest Programme
- Farm-scale AD demonstration
- On-farm agronomic and animal demonstrations
Researching and developing Knowledge Transfer tools and programmes by:
- Conducting research into farm improvement programmes
- LEAN management for dairy farmers
RADA is staffed by experienced KT, research, demonstration and project management staff. Our philosophy is to help the farming and food production community to put ‘science into practice’, using our facilities, training programmes and by acting as an information portal.
This Livestock North West programme is supported by:
This project is supported by the Rural Development Programme for England, for which Defra is the Managing Authority, part financed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development: Europe investing in rural areas.