If you’re waiting for your results and wondering whether a college course will get you that dream job with horses, check out our live careers webchat in association with the UK’s leading equestrian magazine, Horse and Hound, on Wednesday 12 August, 12 noon – 2pm. Catch up and take part here:
While you are waiting for the webchat why not check out our students as they provide the arena party at Bolesworth International:
Reaseheath’s senior equine science lecturer Kate Douglas-Dala, who has been involved in the development of Reaseheath’s degree programmes, and Jess Denham, who manages the college’s popular Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care, will be online to answer your questions on university, on-job training and life in the equestrian industry.
Both have extensive experience of working in the industry previous to joining Reaseheath. Kate, who lectures on horse nutrition, welfare and behaviour, was a veterinary nurse specialising in grass sickness cases at the Royal Dick Veterinary Hospital in Edinburgh. Jess was an equine yard supervisor at another college, responsible for the welfare and care of 40 horses as well as supporting students.
Kate has an MSc degree in Equine Science while Jess has a BSc (hons) degree in Equine Studies. Both hold a PGCE teaching qualification and are horse owners themselves.
For more details on our equine degrees and diplomas visit http://www.reaseheath.ac.uk/horseandhound or phone 01270 613242
About Reaseheath College
Recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialist colleges, Reaseheath College in Nantwich, Cheshire, works closely with industry bodies to ensure that the skills of its students match the demands of the world of work. This ensures a high rate of employment for equine graduates and opens up opportunities for young people, whose practical skills and knowledge are appreciated by employers.
Reaseheath has invested £50 million into cutting edge technology and world class facilities on campus, with a further £30 million planned over the next four years.
Our equine students tell us they most enjoy:
- Riding in our fabulous indoor arena or two outdoor arenas, all with synthetic surfaces
- Working horses from the ground in our round pen, purpose built for natural horsemanship
- Our range of 60 horses, in small yards and for all standards of riders
- Flicka, our mechanical horse!
- Their supportive and experienced tutors and lecturers
- Preparing for extra qualifications such as BHS exams and college certificates
- Joining our Riding Club with its competitions and clinics
- Helping to organise masterclasses and national shows or joining our arena team at the Horse of the Year Show and Bolesworth International Show Jumping