Choosing your next steps post-16 can be a difficult and challenging decision, we hope that these pages will outline the fantastic opportunities available to you to study at Reaseheath College. Few other colleges offer such a diverse range of courses, a beautiful setting and such caring, supportive and dedicated staff who are all working to help you achieve your full potential.
The education and experiences you receive during your time at Reaseheath will provide you with the skills and drive to progress onto higher education to start your chosen career!
We have nearly 7500 students from over 110 local authorities and from many other countries studying here, and many of our full time students live on campus. Most of our students like being in the great outdoors and have similar interests, so you will be able to make friends with people from lots of departments.
The Reaseheath campus is located in a beautiful rural area one mile from the great market town of Nantwich, famous for its historic black and white buildings. The town is packed with little boutiques, but also all the other amenities you may need, shops, restaurants, takeaways, gymnasiums, and one of the few open-air brine swimming pools in the UK. Nantwich is the venue for local festivals such as Jazz and Blues Festival, Acoustic Festival and Party in the Park.
Reaseheath itself is small enough to retain its friendly, family atmosphere, but large enough for you to be able to mix with lots of groups of students.
Chester, Manchester and Liverpool offer all the attractions of a major city within an hour’s journey of campus. We’re near to the main line station at Crewe and there is a train station in Nantwich itself, as well as excellent motorway connections so it’s easy to travel beyond campus to experience a wide range of entertainment and leisure pursuits. Crewe, just 4 miles away from Reaseheath boasts a ten-pin bowling alley, large cinema and plenty of shops.
The college grounds stretch approximately 550 acres; there are many big lawns which are great to sit out on during the summer and a lake with much wildlife to watch. Our sports facilities include an indoor climbing wall, a gym, sports pitches, a commercial golf course and indoor and outdoor riding arenas.
Reaseheath is enjoying exciting times as we continue to develop unrivalled, world class, facilities and resources across campus. £40 million worth of new specialist buildings and educational facilities have been completed over the past six years, with more investment planned. Our students and staff are currently enjoying the 21st century facilities provided by major new buildings, these include:
- A learning resource and student services centre
- A top range IT teaching centre with 24 hour computer/internet access
- New halls of residence
- An animal management teaching complex with a specialist dog grooming parlour, aquatics centre and laboratories
- A second Animal Management teaching centre with specialist rooms for reptiles, amphibians and fish, a mammal house and teaching and meeting rooms
- Equine facilities including an indoor riding arena, round pen for natural horsemanship and American barn style stabling
- A state-of-the-art rapid exit milking parlour for the onsite Reaseheath Holstein dairy herd and a high welfare, commercial pig unit
- Purpose built construction trades workshops to cater for increased demand for training in brickwork, carpentry and joinery
- Dedicated Engineering facilities with specialist teaching areas
- Food innovation centre including Dairy, Bakery and Butchery facilities
- The Eden International Dairy Academy – a world class dairy training centre which is the result of a unique collaboration between the dairy industry, the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink Manufacturing, and Reaseheath