Brickwork or Carpentry and Joinery
Working as an apprentice will give you the opportunity to build a solid foundation of technical knowledge and gain real life experience. You’ll combine on-the-job training with practical lessons at college, where our specialist staff will teach you in our fully equipped workshops.
This programme will help broaden your understanding of the whole construction industry, but you’ll still be encouraged to specialise in brickwork or carpentry and joinery.
What will I study?
- Cavity walls
- Block work
- Setting out
- Surveying and levelling
Carpentry and Joinery
- Door hanging
- Power tools
All Construction apprentices will study Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 12 to 24 months depending on previous experience
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Preferably 3 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Construction
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- You can progress onto an ONC/OND in Built Environment
- Continue to work within your chosen trade progressing towards site operative and supervisor levels
- Self employed tradesperson
- Supervisor or foreperson
- Practical instructor
- Technical sales