Level 1 Diploma
Painting and Decorating
This course is a great starting point for those who are looking to have a career in painting and decorating. You will develop an understanding of the basics of construction technology as well as learn how to prepare surfaces for decoration.
You will gain a broad insight into the construction industry as a whole whilst gaining the skills and knowledge you need to start work or progress on to further training.
What will I study?
- Apply paints by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Produce decorative finishes
- Construction technology
- Carrt out safe working in Construction
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Some GCSEs at grade E or above
- Practical ability
What qualifications will I gain?
- CSkills Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
- Quality trades person
- General foreman
- Site manager
- Project manager
How much will this course cost?
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2017 the tuition fees and exam costs are free for our courses. If you are aged 19 or over you may have to pay a fee.
You may also be required to pay costs associated with study tours or additional qualifications.
For more information on fees and to find out about what financial support may be available to you visit the student finance pages on our website.
Our college buses pick up over 1,000 students each day from a wide area. The cost of daily transport is subsidised if travelling on the College bus service. To find out the cost of transport and a bus route near you visit the transport pages on our website.
At Reaseheath we have on-site residential accommodation for 785 students. If you are aged over 16 and studying on a full-time course you may apply for a residential place. Visit the accommodation pages on our website for more information.
How do I apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find out more information about this course on our FAQs page.