Based at our Equestrian Centre, which has all the facilities you would expect at a professional training centre, you will be taught by our knowledgeable experienced and supportive staff, many with elite industry experience.
You’ll be in an ideal position to get a great job in the industry after you’ve gained your qualification, thanks to our close links with employers and industry mentors. Their input into our courses ensures that you gain the relevant technical skills and knowledge you’ll need to stand out in the jobs market. You’ll also gain great experience through work placements, industry placements and study tours.
As well as learning about horse management you can choose to focus on equine science, genetics, business management, rural events management or equitation, so you will have lots of career choices. Some of our students have gone on to become international grooms or equine physiotherapists – or have even come back as lecturers!
You can also pick up top tips from visiting international stars like behaviourists Monty Roberts and Richard Maxwell, dressage riders Maria Eilberg and Gareth Hughes, show jumpers Ben Maher and Geoff Billington, event riders Paul Tapner and Michael Owen and Olympic course designer Bob Ellis.
- Level 1 Foundation in Horse Care
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Equine Care
- Level 3 Diplomas in Horse Management (Equitation and Performance)
- Level 3 Diplomas in Horse Management (Science and Therapy or Retail and Events Management)
- Level 3 Diploma in Equine Veterinary Nursing
- Equine Management Tech Bacc
- Apprenticeships in Horse Care
- BSc (Hons) Applied Equine Behaviour (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science and Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science and Business Management (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science and Sports Performance
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science and Sports Performance (Part-Time)
- Foundation Degree Applied Equine Behaviour
- Foundation Degree Applied Equine Behaviour (Part-Time)
- Foundation Degree Equine Physical Therapies
- Foundation Degree Equine Physical Therapies (Part-Time)
- Foundation Degree Equine Science and Management
- Foundation Degree Equine Science and Management (Part-Time)
16.1hh Bay Gelding
Renn is a 13 year old Dutch Warmblood. In his previous life, Renn show jumped and is a very capable jumping horse as well as working at Medium level dressage. A very cheeky character with a great sense of humour, Renn was star of the show at one of our Gillian Higgins ‘Horses Inside Out’ lecture demonstrations.
15.3hh Grey Mare
Owned by the college, Ice is a really good all rounder. She loves to jump and participates in all equitation sessions as well as being an excellent lunge horse. Ice has starred in a number of events at the Reaseheath Equestrian Centre, including the Countryfile programme filmed at the college with Adam Henson and a Natural Horsemanship lecture demonstration with Monty Roberts and Kelly Marks.