Do you fancy taste testing chocolate or developing flavours for crisps for a living? Some of our students have gone on to become chocolatiers or new product developers with major brand companies, with salaries which are as sweet as their job titles.
If you become a Reaseheath food student you’ll learn about food science and nutrition and about the fascinating journey made by the nation’s favourite dishes, from primary producer to supermarket shelf.
You’ll be part of an exciting industry which is dynamic and fast paced, constantly changing to meet consumer demands, and you’ll be encouraged to explore every aspect, from trying out new flavours to market research and packaging.
Reaseheath’s industry standard Food Centre is the only educational institution in Britain to have been awarded the British Retail Consortium Grade B (issue 7) certification so we command huge respect within the industry. Our commercial facilities are regarded to be among the best of any college in Europe.
Apart from our international reputation for the excellence of our dairy training, we’re becoming well known for the high standards in our bakery and patisserie and professional butchery courses. Many students plan to run their own bakeries, cake shops or butchers after they’ve qualified.
- Level 1 Foundation in Food Industry Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Butchery
- Level 2 Diploma in Patisserie and Bakery
- Level 3 Diploma in Food Technology and Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Bakery
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Bakery
- Apprenticeships in Craft Butchery Retail and Production
- Apprenticeships in Food and Drink Process Operator
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Food Technologist
- BSc (Hons) Food Science and Innovation
- BSc (Hons) Food Manufacturing with Operations Management (Top-Up)
- FdSc Food Manufacturing with Business Management
- FdSc Dairy Technology
- FdSc Bakery & Patisserie Technology