Level 1 Programmes
You’ll focus on developing your personal and social skills, which will help you to progress onto further study or work.
You’ll also complete a work placement and may be able to study additional qualifications.
How long will it take?
- 1 year depending on your needs, ability and progress
What qualifications do I need to start?
- You do not need any formal entry requirements to enrol on this course
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 1 qualification in the area you have chosen
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto a Level 2 Diploma or a Jump to Level 2 Programme, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in your subject or a related area, or
- Go straight into employment
How much will this course cost?
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2018 the tuition fees and exam costs are free for our courses. If you are aged 19 or over you may have to pay a fee.
You may also be required to pay costs associated with study tours or additional qualifications.
For more information on fees and to find out about what financial support may be available to you visit the student finance pages on our website.
Our college buses pick up over 1,400 students each day from a wide area. From September 2018 all college bus routes to Reaseheath will be FREE. To find a bus route near you visit the transport pages on our website.
At Reaseheath we have on-site residential accommodation for 785 students. If you are aged over 16 and studying on a full-time course you may apply for a residential place. Visit the accommodation pages on our website for more information.
How do I apply?
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find out more information about our Foundation Level 1 courses on each of the course pages.