Information, Advice and Guidance
Your time at college is valuable and how you spend it will determine what direction you take. We are here to help you make an informed decision – so make use of us while you can! We can help you in a number of ways:
- Whilst you are at college, we can help you to decide which career pathway is best suited for you by considering your interests and your abilities
- We can support you in finding out information on your options following your course – whether this be more education, training or into work
Information Advice Centre
We have a fully stocked careers library as well as a selection of computerised career programmes to help you research different careers and decide upon your future direction.
Useful Online Careers Resources
Want to know what you can do with your course? Moodle has a collection of all the best career information and job vacancy sites that relate to the vocational study areas offered by Reaseheath.
- Extensive information on careers and courses
- Useful sections on CV writing, interviews, job seeking and assessing your skills and interests
- Support with UCAS applications
- Our own Job Shop – Reaseheath4You
Based in the PLC foyer, Reaseheath4You employability boards have been set up to support and help students with all aspects of employability.
“All students whilst on their study programme at Reaseheath College have an entitlement to a free impartial Careers and Guidance review with a qualified CEIAG Advisor”
Reaseheath4You will look at:
- Employability – Helping students to write a CV; Looking at typical Q&A that they may encounter at Job interviews etc.
- List up to date job vacancies – (part time vacancies prior to Easter half term – then full time after Easter half term)
- Apprenticeships – Looking at how to apply for Apprenticeships and sign posting
- Degree Courses and Advice for those going into HE – Looking at Personal Statements, UCAS applications, HE finances and accommodation issues
All the jobs and CEIAG will be accessible on Moodle.
Reaseheath4You will have a qualified careers advisor who is available for students to make an appointment and discuss their requirements everyday.
The Careers office can be found in Centrepoint in the Learning Skills Centre.
“Reaseheath4You is designed to complement the work done within the curriculum areas.”
Visit Glassdoor for an inside look at company reviews, interview questions and salary information for thousands of jobs.