You will be taking part in practical sessions on our farm, which has an elite dairy herd and award winning commercial sheep and pig units. You will drive tractors, gain experience on the quad bikes and learn how to use precision tools.
What will I be doing?
- Working with farm animals
- Working with crops
- Maintenance of tools and equipment
- Moving and handling farm resources
- Tractor operation and maintenance
- Estate maintenance (hedge-laying, fencing, hardcore replacement)
- Maintenance of conservation areas
Where will I be working?
- On the College Farm
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
- Wet and cold weather clothing for when working outside
What qualification will I gain?
- The City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies
Options after this programme