Based at our Equestrian Centre, which has all the facilities you would expect at a professional training centre, you will be taught by our knowledgeable experienced and supportive staff, many with elite industry experience.
What will I be doing?
- Horse Care and Management
- Health and Condition
- Feeding and Fittening
- Stable Management
You will not be riding the horses
Where will I be working?
- In the stables
- On the yard
- In the fields
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots or jodphurs and riding boots (no chaps)
What qualification will I gain?
- The City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Land-based Studies
- An opportunity to work towards British Horse Society exams for the more experienced students
Options after this programme
- Apprenticeships in Horse Care
- Level 1 Foundation in Horse Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 3 Diplomas in Horse Management (Equitation and Performance) (equivalent to GCE A-Level)
- Level 3 Diplomas in Horse Management (Science and Therapy or Retail and Events Management) (equivalent to GCE A-Level)