LEAN Management at Reaseheath
Reaseheath has been working with UK and international partners to develop new dairy lean programmes.
Lean management is an approach to running an organisation that supports the concept of continuous improvement.
We have now embedded lean management tools, practices and thinking in all of our agricultural courses from Level 2 to Foundation Degree.
Our college farm operates lean principles creating an educational resource that is industry relevant and represents excellent performance and practice within a commercial framework.
Studying Lean agriculture at Reaseheath means all our students:
- Follow protocols within practicals and understand the value of standardised procedures
- Can create process maps to identify waste and value streams to deliver an economically viable farming enterprise
- Understand how to use farm data and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor and improve performance
- Are required to work with an employer to deliver an improvement project during their extended work placement or sandwich year
Benefits of lean thinking:
- Being able to identify value streams to eliminate waste as part of a continuous improvement culture
- Ability to use and analyse data, monitoring performance against key indicators and critically appraise results
- Improved operational decision making to reduce the number of mistakes made on the farm
Key partners include:
For more information on LEAN management contact Annette McDonald on 01270 613195 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An Introduction to Lean Management at Reaseheath College…
Click here to read a case study that shows how LEAN management is used throughout our agricultural department.