Following a rigorous four day evaluation by an independent external assessor Reaseheath College has been awarded the ‘matrix Standard’ for the quality of our Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) service.
The matrix Standard is a unique outcome-based quality accreditation, which confirms that the services the College provides are of the highest standard.
In order to be awarded this standard, Reaseheath was required to show that it is able to deliver an effective IAG service that is impartial and objective; it is able to review, evaluate and develop the IAG service to bring about continuous improvement; encourages the take up of professionally recognised qualifications and the continuous professional development of their staff and services.
The feedback from the external assessor identified a number of particular strengths that Reaseheath demonstrates:
- Dedicated staff with a clear commitment to implementing college values
- Robust and inspirational leadership and management, with a clear vision and a clear approach to strategic planning
- The competency framework has enabled the college to define the skills, knowledge and competencies required for every job role more effectively
- staff confirmed that the performance review process ensures that there are very strong links between the college aims and objectives and individuals’ personal objectives
- The organisation of the HR team with Business Partners linked to departments is particularly effective.
- A strong induction process for staff, with a thorough mentoring process that works well
- The effective use of external partnerships to support the quality assurance process
Some comments made by students included in the report:
“The team are very supportive and willing to share; they’re helping me to know what I want to do in the future.”
”Their passion shows through; really inspiring.”
“You learn stuff about yourself you never would have.”
“They’ve given me my identity back.”
“I was absolutely amazed by the support I got. I can talk to anyone for advice without feeling stupid”
Quality Improvement Manager Graham Harbage said: “To be awarded this challenging standard is a testament to the superb work that goes on across the college in supporting both our students and our staff, and congratulations must go to everybody who is involved in providing IAG services that are officially recognised as being of the highest standard.”