New Fisheries and Game Management courses commencing September 2013, see course links below for further information or contact Jamie Cook on 01270 616480 or email email@example.com
Surrounded by the Cheshire countryside and with the River Weaver flowing through our fields, Reaseheath’s rural situation is ideal for you if you want to learn and train in environment management and conservation. Our 300 hectare college estate provides a wealth of opportunities for practical habitat management and our Countryside Department has close links with many nearby estates and rural organisations.
Our countryside lecturers and tutors have worked in industry for organisations such as private landowners and contractors, the County Council Ranger services, the National Trust and the National Parks. This means they have a wealth of relevant industrial experience, ensuring that our courses continually make the link between theory and the real world.
Reaseheath was the first college in the country to introduce a Conservation Plan for its estate and is currently in the second phase of a long term Environmental Stewardship Agreement.
The Countryside department at Reaseheath has exclusive use of neighbouring estates for practical conservation work and the college’s central location means that many nationally important conservation sites are close enough to visit. Our reputation as a leading provider of countryside management programmes has led to several national organisations choosing us for their training needs. Our partners include The National Trust, which has placed all its academy trainees with us. We have strong industry links with Cheshire West & Chester and Cheshire East Councils’ Countryside services. Wirral Ranger Services and local Wildlife Trusts. Employer engagement and meeting the training needs of industry is a vital part of our work.
Our national reputation as a leading provider of countryside management programmes has led to a number of national organisations working with us for their training needs. As a result, 92% of our countryside students progress to employment or onto other courses of study.
Courses available in Countryside, Environment, Forestry, Fisheries and Game Management
Further Education courses:
- Foundation Level 1 in Countryside
- Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment
- Level 2 Diploma in Fish Husbandry
- Level 3 Diploma in Game Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Conservation and Wildlife Management
- Level 3 Diploma in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Level 3 Diploma in Fish Management
- RFS/ABC Level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture (Theory)
- Your next step… Countryside
Higher Education courses:
One Day Courses:
- Introduction to Dry Stone Walling
- Basic Chainsaw Safety
- Chainsaw Sculpture Carving
- Introduction to Hedge Laying
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Post and Wire Stock Fencing
For further details of the above courses please contact Angela Boon on 01270 613271 or email Angela Boon
Students are given the opportunity to enhance their career prospects by taking additional qualifications during their course of study. These include:
- NPTC Chainsaw operations
- NPTC Tree climbing and aerial rescue
- NPTC Pesticides application
- NPTC All-terrain vehicle handling
- First Aid
- Certificate in Environmental Sustainability