Sailing, canoeing, climbing and hill walking are just some of the outdoor activities you will become highly skilled at after successfully completing one of our courses in Adventure Sports and Adventure Management.
Our courses are challenging and exciting, making them hugely in demand so they are amongst the best subscribed courses at the college.
But it’s not all about the adventure. By developing the vital attributes of self-reliance, teamwork, and the ability to lead and inspire others, your employability in the rapidly growing leisure industry will be vastly enhanced.
Because our Adventure Sports department is a National Skills Academy Provider for sports, you can be sure that you are learning the most up to date techniques and skills.
The adventure sports courses cover a range of subjects and activities:
- Participate in off-site tours – kayaking and canoeing, rock climbing, hill walking and camping in Scotland.
- Sailing – in 2013 our Adventure Sports took part in a week long voyage around the British coast and beyond.
- Join in tall ships races, complete watch leader training, or study yacht operations to degree level.
- Study the winter tourism industry including how a trip is organised and what life in a resort is really like, while developing skiing and snowboarding skills during study tours to Alpine ski resorts.
- Master the use of professional outdoor equipment including Laser Picos, RS Vision asymmetric sailing boats, Specialised Rock Hopper mountain bikes, and a range of modern kayaks and canoes.
- Complete high and low ropes courses and gain indoor climbing wall with leading walls expertise.
You will learn and develop a wide range of personal and professional skills from a team of highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated staff, preparing you for a life of adventure – anywhere in the world.
From September 2014 the Gold Duke of Edinburgh award will be offered across college to all students. So if you are between the ages of 16-25 you can sign up to DofE here at Reaseheath. Read more here.
Higher Education Courses
A member of the GB Wakeboarding team, Morganne aims to remain at the top of her competitive sport and to use her skills in her long term career.
Ranked third in the country in the Junior Women’s section, Morganne spent the summer representing GB in the European Championships in Poland and competing throughout Britain. Thanks to the flexibility and support from her lecturers, she is also studying for a respected qualification to prepare for her future.
She says: “Sometimes it’s a juggling act but I’m loving being a Reaseheath student.”
Matt spends a lot of his time sailing, climbing and doing paddlesports, so becoming a Reaseheath adventure sports student has worked really well for him.
He’d like to instruct in all three sports and is looking forward to progressing to Level 3 because he’s planning work experience with an outdoor adventure holiday centre.
Matt says: “I wanted to come to Reaseheath because I could gain qualifications and do outdoor sports at the same time.
“It’s brilliant here. College life is more relaxed than at school, but you are expected to be responsible.”