We offer our students a range of world class horse care and management courses as we are committed to developing their skills and knowledge to levels which frequently exceed the increasing requirements of employers in the equine industry.
Our recent £2.3 million upgrade has provided students with an international sized indoor riding arena, modern American barn stabling, a round pen for natural horsemanship and an equine solarium. We also have two all-weather outdoor arenas, as well as a mechanical horse called Flicker that students can use to improve their skills.
We cater for all levels of rider including top level schoolmasters and support our more advanced riders through specialised clinics with opportunities to participate in events. Our equine degree level courses have been developed to meet the growing demand for well qualified graduates who have a combination of academic and practical skills.
In addition, we offer full-time study as well as more flexible arrangements for people who are already employed in the industry.
Exceptional industry links mean that our students:
- provide the arena party for the Horse of the Year Show, the Bolesworth Showjumping Classic, and other equestrian events, giving students international experience.
- take part in a range of study tours to Ireland and visit Olympia and Hickstead, besides other local specialist equine facilities.
- showcase demonstrations from leading equestrians such as Ben Maher and Olympic course designer Bob Ellis.
- can progress into a variety of roles both in higher education and employment within the industry, from international groom to equine physiotherapist.
- receive relevant work experience and develop essential skills in a safe, supportive and professional environment.
In addition, our students gain valuable veterinary experience including knowledge of radiographic procedures, endoscopy and arthroscopy, and full lameness examinations.
For a career in the equine industry Reaseheath offers a world-class start supported and endorsed by employers.
Further Education Courses
- Level 1 Foundation in Horse Care
- Level 2 Extended Diploma in Horse Care
- Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care (also offered at Croft End Equestrian Centre, Oldham)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management (Equitation Route) (also offered at Croft End Equestrian Centre, Oldham)
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management (Business Route)
- Apprenticeships in Horse Management
Higher Education Courses
- BSc/BSc (Hons) Equine Science
- Foundation Degree Equine Science and Management
- Foundation Degree Equine Science and Management (part-time)
- Foundation Degree Equine Science, Complementary Therapy and Natural Horsemanship
- Foundation Degree Equine Science, Complementary Therapy and Natural Horsemanship (part-time)
Jack has the best of both worlds, as he enjoys studying science and is also improving his riding. A keen one day eventer, he’s benefitted from riding Reaseheath’s advanced schoolmasters and also gained useful work experience with a leading producer of show horses and eventers.
He chose to study at Reaseheath because he was impressed with our facilities and because our course offered a good balance between practical and theory.
Jack says: “The course is really diverse and the riding modules are good. The college is very sociable too.”
Kim has always wanted to work with horses and joined Reaseheath to gain experience in our specialised equestrian centre.
Now she’s completed her Level 2 Diploma she’s looking forward to progressing onto our Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management. She may then study on our Foundation Degree in Equine Science, Complementary Therapy and Natural Horsemanship or go straight into the industry.
She says: “Coming to college has been a great experience. It’s good to be part of a professionally run yard and learn the correct way of doing things.”