If you enjoy working outside in the fresh air, are fascinated by science and nature and are creative and passionate about transforming places, Reaseheath Horticulture is definitely the right choice for you. With £8.3 million invested into our National Centre for Horticulture, the Environment and Sustainable Technology, we are supporting one of the UK’s largest industries. You’ll be working with the latest cutting edge technologies in the only college facility of its kind.
What will I be doing?
- Establishing and maintaining trees, shrubs and bedding
- Laying and maintaining lawns and sports pitches by turf and seeding
- Use of rotary and cylinder mowers
- Erecting fences
- Building patios and paths
- Maintenance of fences, patios and paths
- Propagation of plants
Where will I be working?
- In the greenhouses
- Outside in the grounds and gardens
What will I need to wear?
- Overalls and boots with steel toe caps
What qualification will I gain?
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Land-Based Studies 603/3596/8
How will I be assessed?
- Internal assessments
- External online health and safety exam
Options after this programme