About this course
This Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing is an essential qualification for those looking to join the fitness industry. The qualification provides learners with the skills and experience to enter the fitness industry, allowing access to the Register of Exercise Professionals whilst also paving the way for progression to group instructor qualifications and Level 3 Personal Trainer qualifications.
What will I study?
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Supporting clients to take part in physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym based exercise
- Instructing gym based exercise
When will the course run?
- Monday and Thursday, 6-9pm
- We accept applications onto this course throughout the year
What qualifications do I need to start?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course however it does require physical exertion and individual participation is essential. Because of this, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
What qualifications will I gain?
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
How much does this course cost?
- £150 deposit non refundable
- Final payment of £450 to be made on registration
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through 2 multiple choice exams a learner workbook and practical assessments.
Do I need any equipment?
You will need to come dressed suitably for exercise participation.
Progress onto Level 3 Personal Training qualifications or group exercise sessions at Level 2 e.g. studio cycling or kettlebells instructor.
I have a question, who do I contact?
For further information or enquiries please contact Liam Prince, Sports Lecturer firstname.lastname@example.org.