Five good reasons for you to study Agriculture at Reaseheath
- There are tremendous opportunities ahead in food production for a growing population
- You’ll be in the front seat when it comes to meeting the challenges of global food, water and energy security
- Food and agricultural production are the UK’s fastest growing industries, contributing more than 15% of all manufacturing output and employment
- Look at global food and farming systems by joining our annual international study tour
- You’ll have the power and opportunity to make a real difference by protecting the environment and supporting sustainable production and lifestyles
Zoe already has four A levels but felt that our course would give her the essential practical skills and knowledge she’ll need to become a successful farm manager.
As she lives on a dairy farm, she’s enjoyed the different experience of working with our pigs and sheep, and she’s looking forward to spending a year’s work experience at a cutting edge dairy farm.
“You learn such a lot by being hands-on with the stock on the college farm. The lecturers are really helpful and want you to do your best. Living in is a great experience too. I’ve made so many friends.”
Jason’s had an eventful year including appearing on BBC Countryfile, demonstrating the contribution that apprentices make to the agricultural industry.
He’s also successfully completed his apprenticeship and has left for a year’s working trip to Australia, New Zealand and North America. When he returns he’ll take over more responsibility for the management of his family’s award winning dairy farm, as well as training the farm’s next up and coming apprentices.
“Coming into college weekly really helped my farming career. You gain key information which you may miss if you’re working all the time, and you make very useful contacts.”
Tell me more!
Take a look at our degrees and diplomas by clicking on the tabs below.