Year 11 Countryside Taster Sessions
If you are in Year 11, thinking of a career in the countryside and have still not applied for a course, why not come along to our taster session on Friday 6th July. You will experience industry level practical sessions and get an insight to studying with us.
Friday 6th July, 9.15am – 2.45pm
Choose from one of the following sessions, each with unique, exciting activities:-
- Dissection of two types of fish – investigate fish health in this lab session
- Water quality practical – find out how water effects fish health
- Boat handling – cruise our lake with a battery powered outboard motor
- Owl pellet investigation and dissection – can you identify what the owl has been eating?
- Soil testing – lab practical looking at soil types and their impact on habitats
- Drone piloting – have a go with our phantom 3 professional
- Climbing – rope and harness with an NPTC assessor
- Timber grab – moving timber the quick way
- Tree talk – the amazing world of trees…you’ll get hooked!
- Use of shotguns – have a go at clay shooting
- Rifle range – time to plink some targets
- Pest control – modern methods explained
The session will run from 9.15am – 2.45pm. You will need to wear appropriate work clothes (to include outdoor wear) and sturdy footwear.
If you would like to experience this fantastic opportunity, please register your place by clicking the button link below.