Wednesday 3rd July 2019, 5pm – 7pm
Do you own or run a livery yard, riding stables or equine establishment and have the potential to support a person through an apprenticeship programme?
We are holding an Equine Employer Evening, on 3rd July between 5pm – 7pm, to give you all of the information you need about what’s involved in hiring an apprentice and how they can benefit your business.
The evening will cover:
- Preparing apprentices for industry to the new equine groom standard
- Government funding and employer incentives
- Recruitment, work experience and commercial offer
- Specialist teaching and assessing
- A tour of our facilities
- Understanding your responsibility
- Creating a Reaseheath employer partnership
Refreshments will be included.
The apprenticeship includes:
- Horse welfare
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yard and field routines and duties
- Horse care and husbandry
- Saddlery and equipment
- Riding – optional pathway
- Transporting horses
- Work ethic and responsibility
- Health and safety
- Functional skills in Maths and English
Most training will be delivered in the work place by industry expert assessors with the support from employers. Apprentices will attend college one day per week for specialist training to support their development.
Why choose Reaseheath?
- We have three equine centres in Merseyside, Manchester and Cheshire
- We have a structured training calendar and day release study / training
- Industry expert assessors and teaching staff
- Free training for 16-18 year-olds
- Government incentive payments available*
- We can support you with advertising and recruitment of apprenticeships to ensure you get the right apprentice for your business
*Please note that Government apprenticeship funding is only available for businesses registered in England