Animal Encounters at Reaseheath Zoo are a fantastic opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the world’s most amazing animals and go behind the scenes.
Our experiences are suitable for children aged 6+ (and adults!), except the Tapir encounter, which is only suitable for those aged 12+. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult spectator. Please see our experience terms and conditions for more information prior to booking.
Included in your animal encounter package:
- Spending time in the animal enclosure of your choice. This could also include feeding, grooming or providing enrichment for the animals.
- 1 free spectator per booking, full zoo entry price per extra spectator
- A talk from an experienced zoo keeper
- Admission to the zoo
- Optional voucher pack (only for payments made 2 weeks in advance of booking)
All animal encounters last 30 minutes on a one-to-one basis (unless more are booked together).
- Ring-tailed Lemurs
- Sulcata Tortoises
- Marmosets and Tamarins
- Farmyard friends (could include goats, donkeys or chickens)
- Small furries (could include rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets or rodents)
- Lowland Tapir *over 12s only
It is entirely the choice of the animals whether they wish to participate in the experience or not. Luckily the promise of some tasty treats normally proves all too tempting, but sometimes they may not be in the mood; in which case you will enter their environment and get to view them up close whilst being told all about them by your supervising keeper.
- £35 for 1 person
- £65 for 2 people
- £100 for 3 people
- £130 for 4 people
Please note – once you purchase your encounter, you will receive an automatic email with a link to our booking calendar so you can choose your preferred date and time. If you have a specific date in mind and wish to check availability before you book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
Please book your encounter at least two weeks in advance of the date you wish to attend.