Technical Baccalaureate in
Start your agricultural engineering career with an academic edge by studying this Technical Baccalaureate (TechBacc).
As part of your TechBacc qualification you will study a Level 3 qualification in Agricultural Engineering alongside a Level 3 Maths qualification. You’ll also undertake an extended industry project and complete a work placement, ideal preparation to go straight into industry or on to higher level study.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs including grade 4/C or above to include Maths, English and Science and grade 5/B, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above with GCSE grade 5/B in Maths and English
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Land-based Engineering (specialist units include: hydraulics, computer controlled systems including GPS and auto-steer, diesel fuel injection systems and agricultural machinery)
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
- Level 3 Mathematics
- Industry Placement
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto study a degree in Agricultural Engineering or a foundation degree in Dealership Management, or
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (Agricultural), or
- Gain employment within the agricultural engineering industry
Higher Education course options
- Higher Apprenticeship in Land Based Technology
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering (Agricultural)
- HND in Mechanical Engineering (Agricultural)
- Foundation Degree in Dealership Management
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering
- Precision farming engineer
- Technical service engineer
- Design and development engineer
- Self-employed engineer
- Overseas development