Technical Baccalaureate in
The Technical Baccalaureate is a government backed programme that is designed for talented individuals who wish to pursue a career within the field of agriculture.
Designed for talented individuals with a passion for the agricultural industry, the TechBacc enables you to study a Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Agriculture alongside a Level 3 Maths qualification and extended industry project. You will also complete an industry relevant work placement.
This course provides an excellent foundation for progression onto specialist courses at university as well as offering a direct pathway into employment within the agricultural industry.
How long will it take?
- 2 years full time or 3 years (including a sandwich year placement in year 2)
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above to include English, Maths and Science at grade 5/B, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma at Merit or above with GCSE grade B in Maths and English
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Agriculture
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these 3 elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate performance measure
Course options after this programme
- You may progress into Higher Education, gain employment within the agricultural industry or start a Higher Apprenticeship
Higher Education course options
- Foundation Degree in Agriculture
- Foundation Degree in Dairy Herd Management
- BSc (Hons) Agriculture Business Development and Leadership
- Farm management
- Animal nutritionist
- Sales and marketing
- Herds manager
- Agricultural consultant
- Own your own business
- Breeding advisor
- Crop agronomist
- Research and laboratory work
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental consultant