Technical Baccalaureate in
Aquatic Ecosystems and Fisheries Management
Turn your love for angling or fish keeping into a career with this industry focused qualification.
You’ll have the chance to study the Level 3 Technical Extended Diploma in Aquatic Ecosystems and Fisheries Management supplemented by a Level 3 Maths qualification and a work placement with a leading employer. Also incorporating an additional research project, this course offers an ideal progression route for motivated individuals who are keen to work within the field of fisheries management.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grades 4/C or above to include English, Maths and Science at grade 5/B, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment at Merit or above with GCSE grade B in Maths and English
- Those with other level 2 qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aquatic Ecosystems and Fisheries Management
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these 3 elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate performance measure
Course options after this programme
- You may progress into Higher Education, gain employment within the industry or start a Higher Apprenticeship
Higher Education course options
- Foundation degree in Environmental Conservation and Land Management
- Foundation degree Countryside, Conservation and Recreation Management
- A range of related degree programmes
- Fishery manager
- River keeper
- Estate management
- Water industry
- Fish farming
- Ecology and conservation
- Associated retail trades
- Ornamental fish industry