Level 1 Diploma
Painting and Decorating
This course is a great starting point for those who are looking to have a career in painting and decorating. You will develop an understanding of the basics of construction technology as well as learn how to prepare surfaces for decoration.
You will gain a broad insight into the construction industry as a whole whilst gaining the skills and knowledge you need to start work or progress on to further training.
What will I study?
- Apply paints by brush and roller
- Apply foundation and plain papers
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Produce decorative finishes
- Construction technology
- Carrt out safe working in Construction
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Some GCSEs at grade 2 or above
- Practical ability
What qualifications will I gain?
- CSkills Level 1 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
- Quality Trades Person
- General Foreman
- Site Manager
- Project Manager