Level 1 Diploma
Floor and Wall Tiling
This hands-on course will give you the skills you need to become a successful tiler in the construction industry. You will learn how to prepare and fix tiles as well as develop skills in safe working practices in construction. Once qualified you will mainly work indoors.
You will also learn about working in a team and working safely which are all vital skills for employment within the construction industry.
What will I study?
- Mix construction materials
- Prepare tiles for fixing
- Apply and fix tiles to walls and floors
- Construction technology
- Carry out safe working in construction
- Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Some GCSEs at grade 2 or above
- Practical ability
What qualifications will I gain?
- CSkills Level 1 Diploma in Floor and Wall Tiling
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- Progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Floor and Wall Tiling, or
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Floor and Wall Tiling
- Quality trades person
- General foreman
- Site manager
- Project manager