Level 2 Apprenticeship in
Working as an apprentice will give you the opportunity to build a solid foundation of technical knowledge and gain real life experience. You’ll combine on-the-job training with practical lessons at college, where our specialist staff will teach you in our fully equipped workshops.
This programme will help broaden your understanding of the whole property maintenance industry.
What will I study?
A Property Maintenance Operative will use their knowledge and understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating to;
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, door frames, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
- Understand the importance of customer service
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
All Property Maintenance apprentices will study Functional Skills in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications.
How long will it take?
- 18 to 24 months depending on previous experience, 1 day per week
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Preferably GCSEs at grade 2 or above including English and Maths
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Property Maintenance
- Functional Skills in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Course options after this programme
- You can progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Maintenance assistant
- Property engineer
- Facilities assistant
- Maintenance engineer
- Maintenance manager
- Maintenance technician
- Multi-skilled technician
- Premises manager