Level 3 Diploma
Construction and the Built Environment
This two year course will give you the underpinning knowledge and basic skills needed to work across a wide range of areas within the construction industry.
You’ll develop key skills in design, analysis and evaluation as well as study topics including surveying, setting out, estimating, construction design and health and safety.
You’ll explore the economic, social and environmental impact that the built environment has on individuals and communities, as well as look at the different demands made upon land use over time and the activities which shape, develop and influence the built environment.
This advanced level 3 diploma will enable you to fully understand how the construction sector works from the inside out.
What will I study?
- Construction principles
- Construction design
- Tendering and estimating
- Construction technology
- Health and safety in construction
- Surveying in construction
- Graphical detailing in construction
- Building regulations and control in construction
- Building surveying in construction
- Building information modelling
- Management of a construction project (studied on the Extended Diploma only)
- Work experience in the construction sector (studied on the Extended Diploma only)
You will also study Functional Skills or GCSE in Maths and English depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English, Maths and Science, or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
- ICT skills
Course options after this programme
- HNC/HND in Construction and the Built Environment
- Project manager
- Contracts manager
- Site manager
- Quantity surveyor