Level 2 Diploma
Offered at Croft End Equestrian Centre
This course is designed to introduce you to the many career options within the equestrian industry. You will develop the knowledge and practical skills you’ll need to work within the industry.
You will work with horses in a safe environment, complete work experience and enjoy study trips – great preparation for your next steps in study or employment.
What will I study?
- Carry out and understand the principles of feeding & watering horses
- Undertake routine stable duties
- Undertake horse handling
- Fit and maintain horse tack and clothing
- Undertake horse grooming trimming and plaiting
- Maintain animal health & welfare
- Intro to principles of behaviour
- Undertake work related experience in land based industry
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades D
- Foundation Level 1 in Horse Care at Merit or above
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care
- You will also have the opportunity to gain additional qualifications, including BHS Certificates
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths (depending on previous qualifications)
Course options after this programme
- Riding schools and livery yards
- Competition yards – eventing, show jumping, dressage, showing
- Racing industry
Please note: acceptance onto riding units is subject to assessment and maximum weight limit based on scale. Click here for further information on our new scale of weight limit for riding