Technical Baccalaureate in
Forestry and Arboriculture
Stand out from the crowd by studying this highly technical course in forestry and arboriculture.
Taught by industry and academic experts this TechBacc is ideal for high achievers keen to start their career in the forestry industry.
As part of the course you’ll learn a range of arboriculture and tree care skills, explore plant and soil science and complete a specialist industry placement and an extended research project.
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grades 4 or above to include English, Maths and Science at grade 5, or
- Relevant Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment at Merit or above with GCSE grade 5 in Maths and English
- Those with other level 2 qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Level 3 Core Maths
- Level 3 Extended Project qualification
Successful completion of these 3 elements will result in the awarding of the Technical Baccalaureate performance measure
Higher Education course options
- Foundation degree in Environmental Conservation and Land Management
- Foundation degree Countryside, Conservation and Recreation Management
- A range of related degree programmes
- Tree officer
- Forestry worker
- Woodland manager
- Country estate worker
- Countryside/conservation contractor