Level 2 Extended Certificate in
If you are studying Animal Care and you are not ready to move straight on from a Level 1 to a Level 2 Diploma, you could complete a one year Extended Certificate qualification.
This programme is for students aged 16-18.
How long will it take?
- 1 year, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- Some GCSEs below grade 3
- If you think your grades will be below 2, we advise you to apply for the Entry Level Programme or Foundation Level 1 in Animal Care.
This course is for students aged 16-18 who are not ready to progress to the Level 2 Diploma.
It may include:
- Top-up science
- Work placement
- Maths and English
- Assignment support
- Practicals with keepers
What qualifications will I gain?
- Level 2 Extended Certificate
- Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths depending on previous qualifications
Options after this programme
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in your subject or a related area, or
- Go straight into employment