IMI Level 2 Award in
MOT Testing (Class 4 & Class 7)
Become an MOT Tester with Reaseheath College
The Level 2 Award in MOT Testing (Class 4 and Class 7) gives you the qualification required to train as an MOT Tester. This IMI approved qualification includes theory work, practical training in our £1 million purpose-built workshop and assessment.
On achieving this qualification, you will be able to undertake the DVSA final observed assessment, which on successful completion will give you their Certificate of Competence (CoC) to become a nominated tester.
On this course, you will look at:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- Working relationships with the vehicle test centre
- Managing your own professional development as an MOT Tester
- Carrying out pre-test checks for statutory periodic roadworthiness test
How long will it take?
- 4 days (including assessment)
- Level 3 relevant qualification (contact us for more information)
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years’ full-time employment within the motor industry
- Hold a current and full UK drivers licence for vehicles classes 4 and 7 with no unspent driving convictions
- Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible
- 25th – 28th January 2022
- 19th – 22nd April 2022
- 7th – 10th June 2022
Where will I study?
- Reaseheath College Motor Vehicle Department
To be eligible for this course you must meet the criteria listed on this page.
Please complete this form and if you are eligible, we will send you the link to book.
Partner, R&J Motors, Wrexham
“This has been a very good course. Every session has been really informative and relevant.
Now I have the qualification we can open an MOT Centre. It’ll make a big difference to our business income – and we’ll be offering a better service for our clients.”