T Level in
Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing
The T Level in Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing can be studied after GCSEs and will help you to develop core knowledge and skills needed to work in a range of maintenance, installation, and repair roles within the motor vehicle industry.
It is a new two-year qualification which has been designed with employers and includes a 315-hour industry placement, with the primary aim of ensuring you are well prepared for employment after you complete your course.
What will I study?
In the first year you will cover core topics such as:
- Essential mathematics for engineering and manufacturing
- Essential science for engineering and manufacturing
- Materials and their properties
- Mechanical principles
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Working within the engineering and manufacturing sectors
- Engineering and manufacturing past, present, and future
- Engineering representations
- Engineering and manufacturing control systems
- Quality management
- Health and safety principles and coverage
- Business, commercial and financial awareness
- Professional responsibilities, attitudes, and behaviours
- Stock and asset management
- Continuous improvement
- Project and programme management
To boost your employability, you will be required to complete 315 hours (equivalent to 45 days or 9 weeks) of work experience over the two-year course.
In the second year you will study one standalone occupational specialism in Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing: Light and Electrical Vehicles.
The course will teach you how to:
- Analyse and interpret requirements for vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair
- Plan and prepare for vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair activities
- Perform maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles
- Review and evaluate vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair activities
- Communicate vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair information
How long will it take?
- 2 years, full-time
What qualifications do I need to start?
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
- You will also need to attend an interview and an applicant day
What qualifications will I gain?
- T Level in Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing
Course options after this programme
- This course is equivalent to three A Levels, so you could decide to progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level
- Go straight into employment within the motor vehicle industry
- There are lots of career options available to you once you have completed this course, including roles such as a maintenance technician, a heavy vehicle technician or an accident repair specialist.