Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This qualification is a 2-year course which has a teaching/training practice requirement. In the first year the programme covers a broad range of topics such as planning for learning, assessment techniques and managing groups. In the second year we look at a wider range of topics including developing and organising resources, wider professional practice and development and evaluating learning programmes. You will also be required to provide an evidence-based teaching file to show how you have developed your teaching, learning and assessment.
Units to be studied:
You will complete all mandatory units and up to 15 credits of optional units.
Mandatory units include:
- 426: Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- 501: Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- 502: Theories, principles and models in education and training
- 503: Wider professional practice and development in education and training
A range of optional units are available, these include but not limited to:
- Unit 505: Action Research
- Unit 506: Developing, using and organising resources in education and training
- There is also the option to complete the L4 IQA Award
How long will it take and where does it take place?
- The course is 35 weeks in duration – not including half term breaks
- It is delivered on a Tuesday evening, in person or online. Lessons to be held 18.00-21.00.
- OR Friday morning, in person or online. Lessons to be held 09.00-12.00.
- Evidence of a level 2 or equivalent in English and maths
- Evidence of appropriate qualification/ experience in the subject you intend to teach
- Have access to a teaching placement that offers at least 100 hours of teaching practice
- It is also recommended you have a Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Apply by: 15th August 2022
Start date: w/c 5th September 2022
End date: w/c 19th June 2023
Course cost £2995
For more information please contact our Learning and Professional Development Team on 01270 616470 or email@example.com.