Preparing for Equine at
Recommended Reading Lists
- Clinton, M. and Houghton-Brown. (2010) Horse Business Management: Managing a Successful Yard
- Islay Auty – The British Horse Society (2008) The BHS Complete Manual of Horse and Stable Management
- Hastie, P. (2012) The BHS Veterinary Manual – Second Edition
- The Pony Club (2010) The Pony Club Guide to Pasture Management
- The British Horse Society (2017) BHS Complete Horsemanship Volume 1
- The British Horse Society (2017) BHS Complete Horsemanship Volume 2
Research you can do
- Investigate opportunities for your work experience placement – remember to choose a placement in an area of your interest and accessibility!
- If you’re interested in riding with us, investigate the ‘scales of training’ and how they affect the horse and rider’s development.
- Research the rules of feeding and watering horses and identify how they affect the horse’s digestive ability
Updated information on hats and body protectors
The British Horse Society (BHS) has provided updated guidance on their hat and body protector rules that we as a college follow – please click here to read this guidance.
Please check your current hat and body protector (required at Reaseheath for polework, jumping and riding out in the open) to ensure that they are still accepted within the BHS guidelines – if you are unsure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to read some of our Equine FAQ’s.