Senior Assistant Principal, Paul Spearritt, shares his top reasons to study a T Level at Reaseheath College.
I am delighted to be leading Reaseheath College’s preparation for delivering the new Government backed, technical qualifications called ‘T Levels’ from September 2022.
We’ll start by offering T Levels in Business and Construction, with more to follow in other subject areas from September 2023, to provide our students with an exciting alternative to A Levels.
By studying a T Level, you will not only gain in depth theory knowledge of your chosen subject, but you will also gain hands-on experience by completing an extended industry placement for 45 days over your two-year course. This combination will ensure you gain the skills employers are looking for, increasing your employability in your chosen sector. A number of our students have secured employment after impressing their employer during their industry placements!
With this in mind, if you are currently in Year 10 or 11 and you’re thinking about what to do after your GCSEs, a T Level could be a great option for you. Here are my top five reasons why:
- Achieve a qualification which is equivalent to three A Levels
- Experience working in your chosen industry while you are a student
- Study a qualification that has been designed in partnership with leading employers who will also support you with mock interviews, assessments and masterclass delivery
- Progress to either employment, university or a higher apprenticeship after your T Level
- Increase your employability by using specialist technical resources and equipment and gain skills businesses are actively looking for
T Levels available at Reaseheath from September 2022:
- Business: Management and Administration
- Construction: On-Site Construction
- Construction: Design, Surveying and Planning
Click the links above to find out more about the T Level that interests you. If you’re not quite ready for a T Level, you could study the T Level transition programme which is a one-year post-GCSE course designed to prepare you for your chosen route.
In future years we will continue to grow our T Level offer with further exciting programmes.
T Levels available at Reaseheath from September 2023:
From September 2023, Reaseheath will be offering T Levels in:
- Land-based Engineering
- Animal Care and Management
- Equine Care and Management
- Livestock Production
- Tree and Woodland Management and Maintenance
- Crop and Plant Production
- Ornamental Horticulture and Landscaping
- Habitat Management (Land and Water)
All of the above offer the same combination of theory and practical industry placement, designed to increase your employability.
We’ll be releasing more information on these T Levels soon to help you make the right decision for you, so keep an eye out on our website and social media channels.
If you have any questions about studying a T Level, please get in touch with us today by emailing email@example.com