School trips, outreach and outdoor education
What better way for the classroom to come to life- than a lesson in the middle of the zoo! Our Outdoor Education Team offer trips for schools to visit the zoo, participate in both guided zoo tours and a bespoke lesson in our outdoor classroom.
With many topics covered including zoo animals and nature and wildlife; we can offer schools an interactive session, not to be forgotten. These sessions can be tailored to suit your needs, and will not only be informative and fun, but will link to the curriculum.
We also offer outreach sessions to schools; if you can’t come to the zoo- then we can come to you!! Tailored lessons can be delivered in your classroom, and linked with the national curriculum for your chosen topic.
Year 1 and 2 students at Cranberry Academy, Alsager recently enjoyed an outreach session entitled “Why can’t Meerkats live in the North Pole!”
The college run outdoor education for schools across a range of departments from farm to adventure sports. If your school would like to book a trip, follow the link below!
- BSc (Hons) Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- BSc (Hons) Wildlife Conservation and Ecology
- BSc (Hons) Animal Management (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Zoo Management (Top-Up)
- Foundation Degree with BSc (Hons) top-up Animal Management (Behaviour and Welfare)
- Foundation Degree with BSc (Hons) top-up Animal Management (Zoo Management)