Students are required to have the following items:
Public Services Uniform Kit
- Compulsory Public Services kit (2 x polo tee shirts, 1 x technical tee shirt, 1 x mid-layer soft-shell jacket – total cost £75). Orders to be processed through your Course Manager during first week of term. Full details to be made available at the start of the year. This payment is non-refundable.
- Personal kit – plain black trousers / leggings/ tracksuit bottoms (non-branded)
- Fitness Top
- Fitness Shorts (and/or tracksuit bottoms/leggings)
- Trainers (non-marking for indoor)
- Water bottle
Outdoor Equipment (for Land and Water-based modules)
- Day sack (35 litre)
- Head torch
- Outdoor walking trousers and/or waterproof trousers
- Walking boots
- Warm clothing suitable for winter hill walking, trousers, base layer, hat and gloves.
- Water bottle and flask
- Waterproof jacket (can be purchased as an addition to the compulsory uniform package)
- Water shoes or old trainers
Note: Jewellery and jeans MUST NOT be worn any practical sessions (you will be precluded from participating).
- A4 folders
- Academic diary can be useful
- Maths set (if studying GCSE Maths)
- Notepad and pens
- Scientific calculator
- Smart phone and laptop are recommended
- USB memory stick
Gym Membership (not compulsory)
Yearly gym membership of the RHC Gym is £72.00 for Sport & Public Services students. A hidden link for payment of the membership will be sent at the beginning of the academic year. This membership is specific for Sport & Public Services students and is not available via the Online Store.
Educational Trips / Expeditions
You may participate in a number of educational trips and other events relevant to your programme of learning. Payment will be required via the College’s Online Store – £50 for Level 2 and Level 3 1st years. 2nd year ‘returners’ £30. This charge is non-refundable. Payments for this will be set up in September.
The department may offer students the opportunity to participate in extra-curriculum study tours such as ski-ing, sailing, Royal British Legion tours and football tournaments. These will be at an additional cost and will be advertised as and when they are arranged.
Health Information & Acknowledgement of Risk
At the start of the academic year you will be asked to complete a Sport & Public Services Activity & Risk Consent Form. This provides any additional health/medical information which was not declared on your original application (the department requires full disclosure of past and present injuries which may present a risk during sport participation). Students who carry medication must indicate these on the form and carry the medication at all times. The form includes an acknowledgement of risk and consent for use of various media formats (ie: video, photographs).
Work Experience is an essential part of your Programme of Learning. All students must complete work experience within industry. Investigate opportunities within the industry as soon as you can.