Safeguarding at Reaseheath College
Reaseheath College is committed to ensuring the safety and well being of all its students, staff and visitors.
At our latest Ofsted Care Standards inspection we were given an ‘Outstanding’ award for the exemplary care we provide our students. One of the four areas that we were inspected on was safeguarding – click on this link for further information on Ofsted Care Standards Report
Safeguarding encompasses students’ health and safety, welfare and well-being, and means:
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
Our Safeguarding policy and procedures are applied across the whole organisation. They cover child and vulnerable adult protection and recognise our responsibility under the Government’s PREVENT duty for colleges.
- Code of Practice Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Learner Harassment and Bullying Policy and Procedure
- Young Person Safeguarding Policy
- Safeguarding Adults Policy
- Safer Recruitment and Vetting Policy and Procedure
Safeguarding is the responsibility of all members of staff and Governors, and we expect any volunteers to share this commitment.
Reaseheath works with Cheshire East Council to make sure our procedures and policies are in accordance with governing regulations. Training and development is embedded into college recruitment and induction procedures as well as the staff development programme.
The college ensures that the following roles are in place to maintain a co-ordinated application and approach to safeguarding:
- David Pearson, Governor – Safeguarding
- Dave Kynaston, Vice Principal – Safeguarding Lead
- Mark Birtkitt, Head of Student Services – Safeguarding Principal Officer
If you, as a student at the College have any concern about your wellbeing, safety or rights, then you should:
- Talk to your tutor
- Talk to Student Services or Student Welfare
- Contact one of the college safeguarding officers who are available 24/7