Safeguarding at Reaseheath College
Reaseheath College is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all its students, staff and visitors.
At our latest Ofsted Care Standards inspection we were given an ‘Outstanding’ award for the exemplary care we provide our students. One of the four areas that we were inspected on was safeguarding – click on this link for further information on Ofsted Care Standards Report
Safeguarding encompasses students’ health and safety, welfare and wellbeing, and means:
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
Our Safeguarding policy and procedures are applied across the whole organisation. They cover child and vulnerable adult protection and recognise our responsibility under the Government’s PREVENT duty for colleges.
Safeguarding is the responsibility of all members of staff and Governors, and we expect any volunteers to share this commitment.
Reaseheath works with Cheshire East Council to make sure our procedures and policies are in accordance with governing regulations. Training and development is embedded into college recruitment and induction procedures as well as the staff development programme.
The college ensures that the following roles are in place to maintain a co-ordinated application and approach to safeguarding:
- David Pearson – Chair of Governors (Safeguarding Link Governor)
- Paul Spearritt – Vice Principal – Curriculum & Quality (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mark Birkitt – Head of Student Services (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Louise Woodman – Director of People and Culture
- Joanne Kavanagh – Head of Inclusive Learning and Resources
- Peter Greenall – Assistant Principal and Dean of Higher Education
If you, as a student at the College have any concern about your wellbeing, safety or rights, then you should:
- Talk to your tutor
- Talk to Student Services or the Wellbeing Team
- Contact one of the college safeguarding officers who are available 24/7
- Call the Safeguarding Team on 07889 216789