Be Safe – Be Qualified
- Can your employees satisfy the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (1988) (PUWER)?
- YOU could be liable if you or your staff are not professionally qualified and are injured at work.
- City & Guilds Land Based Services (NPTC) Certificates of Competence prove that you have the experience, technical knowledge and ability to operate specified machinery and equipment.
- These nationally recognised awards prove that the professional operator possesses a high level of knowledge and understanding and that he or she operates safe working practices.
- City & Guilds Land Based Services (NPTC) is a nationally recognised awarding body. NPTC is committed to quality and is BS EN ISO 9002: 1994 approved.
Training and Assessment
Training courses are operated on a supply and demand basis, please inform the centre of the courses that you wish to take, and you will be forwarded course date, prices and start times.
Once you have completed your training and feel confident to take the assessment you will need to fill in the relevant registration form in order to be put forward for assessment. It is recommended that you put your training into practice before taking the assessment.
Assessment can take place at the College or in your place of work. If assessment takes place in the workplace you will be required to provide all of the necessary personal protective wear (PPE) and equipment. The person who assesses you must be different to the person who trains you.
On successful completion of the assessment (and submission of a passport sized photograph) you will receive your certificate and ID card.