Information, Advice and Guidance
Your time at college is valuable and how you spend it will determine what direction you take. We are here to help you make an informed decision – so make use of us while you can! We can help you in a number of ways:
- Whilst you are at college, we can help you to decide which career pathway is best suited for you by considering your interests and your abilities
- We can support you in finding out information on your options following your course – whether this be more education, training or into work
Information Advice Centre
We have a fully stocked careers library as well as a selection of computerised career programmes to help you research different careers and decide upon your future direction.
Useful Online Careers Resources
Want to know what you can do with your course? Our Careers and Enterprise site has a collection of all the best career information and job vacancy sites that relate to the vocational study areas offered by Reaseheath.
- Extensive information on careers and courses
- Useful sections on CV writing, interviews, job seeking and assessing your skills and interests
- Support with UCAS applications
- University Student Finance information
- Cheshire and Warrington Opportunities Portal
“All students whilst on their study programme at Reaseheath College have an entitlement to a free impartial Careers and Guidance review with a qualified CEIAG Advisor”
The College’s careers service will help students with:
- Employability – Reaseheath will support you with CV creation, job applications and job interview preparation.
- List up to date job vacancies – part time vacancies prior to Easter half term – then full time after Easter half term
- Apprenticeships – looking at how to apply for an Apprenticeship
- Degree Courses and advice for those progressing to University – reviewing personal statements, UCAS applications, student finance and accommodation
Careers meetings are conducted by qualified careers advisors. Contact us to make an appointment via email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Careers office is situated in Jodrell Hall opposite student services.
We have Matrix accreditation for the quality of IAG we deliver, and each year we have a Continuous Improvement Check with the Matrix assessor to scrutinse the impact of the careers programme. We also have support from the Careers and Enterprise Company via Compass evaluations, where we analyse the detail of the programme and its objectives. We also use a company called Think Alumni to conduct our external destination data gathering exercise, and they provide us with a detailed report on where our learners have ended up after completion of their FE course. This helps us understand how well we have helped to prepare students for their next steps. We also know that nearly all students undertake work placements and this forms part of our programme, e.g. placement prep, finding employers, setting goals. We also have the Pulse survey and student intended destinations so we can understand how students feel the careers programme is helping to prepare them for their future plans, and the intended destinations data helps us to target students who may be a little unsure on what they would like to do after Reaseheath.
Meet the team
This information is reviewed annually in June.