Interested in working in the animal industry?
Zoo Academy is designed for those aged 14-17yrs, who are looking into a career working with animals as a Keeper, Vet and in research or conservation. Aimed to help young adults get a flavour of how the animal industry works.
Our 3 day course; combines both practical and theory aspects of working with animals, with workshops covering animal health, as well as practical tasks including Veterinary workshops. Each student will build a portfolio, with evidence of work for use after successful completion of the course. You’ll even get a certificate which can be included in you CV. Be prepared to have fun, learn lots- and start your animal career!
What to expect:
- A combination of practical activities and theory sessions, both indoors and outdoors
- Runs across 3 days during the Easter and summer holiday periods
- Each day runs from 10am – 4pm
- Ran by qualified teachers and Zoo Keepers; to give the best experience of working with animals
- T-shirt (uniform) will be provided, just let us know what size you need
- Zoo Academy candidates must be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all weathers
- Bring a packed lunch with you for a picnic in the zoo
Daily tasks include:
Each day will be split into three sessions:
Session 1: animal husbandry (a different area each day)
Session 2: theory slot – based in our outdoor classroom, covering topics from animal health to nutrition
Session 3: practical activity – including a Veterinary Care workshop and animal training
£170 for the 3 day course – price includes your Zoo Academy t-shirt.
Got a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By booking this experience you agree to our terms and conditions as stated here.