Five good reasons for you to become a next generation farmer at Reaseheath
- There are tremendous opportunities ahead in food production for a growing population
- You’ll be in the front seat when it comes to meeting the challenges of global food, water and energy security
- Food and agricultural production are the UK’s fastest growing industries, contributing more than 15% of all manufacturing output and employment
- There’s a wide range of jobs available for Reaseheath graduates – and they pay well above the national average
- You’ll have the power and opportunity to make a real difference by protecting the environment and supporting sustainable production and life styles
Tell me more!
Want to develop your farm management skills and business techniques, backed up by in-depth, science based knowledge? Look at our Foundation Degrees in Agriculture (Dairy Herd Management or Mixed Farming) by clicking on the tabs below.
Choose this course if you want a career in mixed farming. You’ll study a wide range of farming practices and look at the latest innovations in the industry. Crucially, you’ll develop an understanding of technical, economic, legal and managerial principles – so you’ll be ready to go for that dream career in farm management or agricultural consultancy.
We’ll also help if you want to gain relevant, industry recognised, qualifications such as certificates in the use of sprayers, veterinary medicine or ATV driving. And you’ll gain an overview of the global industry by joining study tours abroad and in the UK.
Leave your details below and we’ll call you back
When Sharon Appleby decided to seize the opportunity to take over the tenancy of the family farm, she turned to Reaseheath for help.
She says: “The opportunity was too good to miss, but to take on the tenancy I have to prove that I can farm. Gaining a recognised qualification was an important criteria. The training and support I received at Reaseheath was invaluable, increasing my confidence and my ability to take a broader approach to the business.
“Our visits to farms offsite gave us an insight into how other people solve problems. The business modules were really important too. I now understand how to present business plans to people like our bank manager and farm business advisor.
“I’ve also gained a greater understanding of health and fertility issues within the herd which I can now discuss with our vet in more detail.”